Do you know how to live stream on Twitter? Today, you can stream a lot of platforms. Your choice depends mostly on the kind of content you are producing. Twitter is a place that allows you to live stream for growing your audience and building your brand. In this guide, we will walk you through how to get started, and give you some suggestions for a high-quality stream. Let’s see what they are!
Buy Twitter accounts bulk | Safe & Verified Twitter account for sale
- 1. What is Twitter Live?
- 1.1 Feature of Twitter Live
- 1.2 Disadvantage on Twitter Live
- 1.3 What is Twitter Live used for?
- 2. How to live stream on Twitter
- 2.1 Twitter Live for mobile users
- 2.2 Twitter Live on your desktop
- 3. The way to make your Twitter streams look perfect
- 3.1 Using a selfie stick to live stream
- 3.2 Center yourself in the frame
- 3.3 Interact with your viewer
- 3.4 Focus on live comment
- 3.5 Plan your streaming schedule
1. What is Twitter Live?
In 2015, Twitter launched live streaming with Periscope. Periscope is a mobile streaming platform, with approximately two million active daily users. However, Twitter officially stopped using Periscope as a separate service in September 2021. Now, Twitter users can only go live directly via their mobile devices. Before we find out how to live stream on Twitter, what makes Twitter so great to live stream, and what is it?
1.1 Feature of Twitter Live
Twitter is one of the most popular social platforms in the world. So live streaming feature developed by Twitter has some advantages that stand out from other platforms:
- Interaction options: While you are Livestream on Twitter, viewers can leave a heart and comment via chat sections. Interaction with the audience is one of the main components of live streaming.
- Location: Before the live stream, you can tag a location. That makes viewers know where you are from. It also helps Twitter deliver your video to users in the same area in the explore tab.
- Stream saving option: After it is over, you can save the live video on your mobile to post it online as a usual video later.
- Inviting guests: You can invite someone to join your live stream before starting. Besides, you can add them by yourself, or let guests add themselves.
- Stream editing: Your broadcast will automatically be posted on the newsfeed. However, you can edit light by using the Twitter mobile app. You can rewrite the title and edit the thumbnail as well.
- Timestamps: All of the videos have a custom starting point, so viewers do not have to watch the whole session.
1.2 Disadvantage on Twitter Live
Nextly, we will describe several downsides to help you that most of the users are less exciting:
- Privacy issues: If your tweets are private, you can not go live on Twitter. You can not select options that are live streams only to your followers.
- Less popular with content creators: Content creators have a large number of options for a live stream like Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Instagram. But Twitter still is a selection for journalists, media organizations, or anyone else sharing news and events.
- Limited monetization options: For earning money from video, streamers have two options — adding pre-roll ads or one-to-one sponsorships.
- Media Studio Producer is not open to all: For going live from a laptop or desktop computer, you need a third-party encoder and access to the Media Studio Producer. However, not everyone is allowed to see Media Studio
1.3 What is Twitter Live used for?
Both organizations and individuals have many benefits from Livestream on Twitter by sharing some unique and valuable content. You can get more advertising contracts and increase the number of potential customers. And thanks to many tools, you can easily interact with your viewer in real-time. Twitter is also a place to report news and build relationships.
Many businesses use Twitter Live to expand the market, grow brand image, and engage with a large audience. Many content ideas for Twitter you should use such as Q&As, interviews, and talk shows. Also, businesses can introduce a new product or let audiences see behind the scenes.
You may also like: How to use Twitter analytics effectively – The Ultimate guide
2. How to live stream on Twitter
Now, to go live on Twitter you can use an Apple or Android device or on a desktop. When live streaming by computer, you must install Twitter’s Media Studio Producer and third-party encoding software. You could watch live streams on mobile or directly from your chrome. Now, we will explain it in detail.
2.1 Twitter Live for mobile users
How to stream on Twitter from your mobile device? Phones are useful devices. You always bring it everywhere so you can use it to live stream at any time. Here are the simple steps for you to live stream via mobile phone.
- Step 1: Start the Twitter app then go to the composer.
- Step 2: Touch the camera icon.
- Step 3: Touch “live” at the bottom.
- Step 4: Open the microphone in the top corner to do an audio-only broadcast.
- Step 5: Type a description of your live video
- Step 6: Tag a location if you want your viewers to know where you’re going live.
- Step 7: Click on “go live.” Your live video will appear in the timelines of the followers.
2.2 Twitter Live on your desktop
Broadcasting live on your computer helps you not to worry about running out of battery. However, Twitter does not have a native streaming studio for web browsers, so you will need third-party streaming software, such as Restream Studio. It is a great solution when you want to live on multiple platforms. Therefore, how to live stream on Twitter with Restream Studio? Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Create a Restream account and log into it.
- Step 2: Go to your Restream dashboard and click “Add Destination.”
- Step 3: Click the “connect Twitter” button.
- Step 4: Permit Restream to access your account. You are now connected!
- Step 5: Go back to the Restream main page.
- Step 6: Press the “Live Studio” button on the left-hand side.
- Step 7: Open the Restream Studio and configure your settings. Set up a camera and microphone source, share your screen, give guest invitation links, etc.
- Step 8: Press the “go live” button, then your broadcast will appear.
You may also like: How to create a new Twitter account – Easy step in 2022
3. The way to make your Twitter streams look perfect
Image and sound are two important elements of a live video. To attract more audiences then you must make your videos impressive and invest in quality content, especially images. Here are a few effective tips to help you get a new score on Twitter Live.
3.1 Using a selfie stick to live stream
If your phone is shaken while Livestream, it will make viewers feel uncomfortable. At that time, you will not be able to focus on interacting with the audience. This is what everybody does not want to happen. Solve this issue by stabilizing your live videos with a tripod or selfie stick.
3.2 Center yourself in the frame
This is obvious but it is easy for some people not to notice it. Try to keep your face above the center of the screen so that the comment frame is not covered. To be most confident before Livestream, you should work on face angles. This helps you find the best angle and hide the flaws. You could have slight makeup to be more beautiful.
3.3 Interact with your viewer
Live streaming allows you to chat with your audience in real-time. This is your advantage. Tell a few stories, talk to viewers, answer their questions and they will react with hearts. Sometimes someone will give you gifts if they like you. After that, keep the conversation going and show them how different you are from other streamers.
3.4 Focus on live comment
Comments from your viewers are sometimes frustrating and unhelpful, especially from bad words. However, you might also find useful information in the comment. For example, someone leaves positive feedback or constructive criticism of your content. The views shared about the difficult situation they are facing make you feel trusted. So stay tuned for your comments!
3.5 Plan your streaming schedule
Although Twitter is an amazing place for unplanned live events. However, you should make a schedule that can be beneficial too. A regular Livestream schedule helps you increase your audience and attract new viewers. This is especially true if you want to stream on different platforms at the same time.
Live streaming on Twitter is a great thing. Now you know how to live stream on Twitter. Followers can get notifications when you are going live and people can chat together. However, Livestream on this platform still has many limitations. Mid-Man hopes that through this article you have got the necessary information for yourself. Thanks for watching