Do you know how to delete Facebook page permanently? Facebook Pages for the business, fan, or personal projects. Sometimes you want to hit the delete button for some reason, or you may also have to delete a Facebook page if you are merging duplicate pages into one page, such as replacing pages for regional affiliates with a single cell page. This article will help you answer that question with step-by-step instructions as well as some advice before you do it. Let’s start!
Best site to buy Facebook pages safely & cheap
1. The difference between deleting your Facebook profile and Facebook page
Your Facebook profile is your personal Facebook account that you use to connect with your family and friends and create posts about your life and feelings, you can even get your life news from your news feed, depending on what pages you are following. In contrast, Facebook pages are often created for businesses to interact with customers, promote products and services, and increase their online presence. It is not a personal account but a part of a bigger marketing strategy.
You may also like: What is a Facebook page – What you need to know in 2022
2. What you need to do before deleting Facebook page
Even if you delete Facebook page permanently, you can still save your page’s data. As marketing decisions are all based on understanding your audience, you never know when those insights might help you down the road. To download your Facebook page data, you must go to your Facebook page, then choose “Settings”. Under the General section, you will find the option “Download Page.” Click “Edit,” then, on the section that appears, tap on “Download Page.”
3. Steps on how to delete Facebook page
Are you ready to learn how to delete Facebook page, shutter your side gig, or eliminate your company’s Facebook page? It is easy to delete your page on the Facebook website, Facebook mobile app, or Facebook Business Manager website. Moreover, you can also unpublish your page if you want to make it unviewable to other users until you are ready to re-publish it. Also, in order to delete or unpublish, you must be an admin on the Facebook page.
3.1 On Facebook website
The tutorial on how to delete your Facebook page on the Facebook website is very simple. Besides, you must note that your Facebook page will remain visible for the next 14 days and will be deleted permanently after this time has passed. If you want to cancel the deletion, you can do so within those 14 days. Here is how to carry out it via your desktop.
- Step 1: Head over to the Facebook website and log in to your account.
- Step 2: From the Facebook homepage, click “Page” in the sidebar menu on the left.
- Step 3: Under the “Pages you manage”, click on the page you want to delete. If a pop-up asks you to connect your page to another social media platform, just log out of it.
- Step 4: In the sidebar menu on the left, scroll down and select “Settings” at the very bottom of the list.
- Step 5: On the “General” tab of the Settings page, scroll all the way to the bottom and select “Remove Page”.
- Step 6: Click the blue hyperlink “Delete [your page name]” and in the pop-up, click “Delete Page”.
- Step 7: Another pop-up will appear notifying you that your page has “entered deletion mode” and that you can cancel the deletion within 14 days. Click “OK”.
- Step 8: To reactivate your page within the 14-day window, click the “General” tab at the top of the “Page settings” menu. A table will appear at the top of the “General” tab informing you that your page is set to be deleted, then click “Cancel Deletion” and hit “Confirm” in the pop-up.
3.2 On Facebook mobile app
This way is how to delete your Facebook page by the Facebook mobile app. Whatever your reason, deleting a Facebook business page is a quick and simple process, but you may want to consider merging the pages if there are multiple pages before you delete them completely. Following the step-by-step guide below.
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android device.
- Step 2: Tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner and select “Pages” from the menu.
- Step 3: Under the “Pages You Manage”, click the page you want to delete.
- Step 4: Tap the gear-shaped “Settings” icon in the top-right corner.
- Step 5: Tap the option “General” at the top of the “Settings” page and scroll down to the “Remove Page” section.
- Step 6: Tap the blue hyperlink “Delete [your page name]” and in the pop-up, select “Delete Page”.
- Step 7: The next screen will notify you that your page has “entered deletion mode” and that you can cancel the deletion within 14 days. Choose the button “OK”.
- Step 8: To reactivate your page within the 14-day window, go back to the “General” tab of the “Settings” menu. Scroll down the web until you see a banner notifying you that your page is set to be deleted, after then, tap “Cancel Deletion” and hit “Confirm” on the next screen.
3.3 On Facebook Business Manager Website
Delete Facebook page permanently on the Facebook Business Manager Website is one of the most alternative options you can consider if you are sure to delete it. Additionally, if you want to delete your Facebook business page, you must be its administrator. You must scroll down to the last step to complete this instruction.
- Step 1: Go to the Facebook Business Manager website and log in to your account.
- Step 2: In the sidebar menu on the left, click “Settings”, and toward the bottom of the list.
- Step 3: On the Settings page, click “More business settings”.
- Step 4: Under the “Accounts”, click “Pages”.
- Step 5: Click on the Page you want to delete, and select “Remove” in the top-right corner.
- Step 6: Facebook will tell you that you have got 14 days to cancel the deletion process. If you want to continue deleting your page, click “Delete Page”.
- Step 7: After 14 days you will be asked to confirm if you want to delete Facebook page permanently. During this time, you can go back to “Page Options” > “Delete Page” and select “Confirm” to prevent your page from being deleted. If you want your Facebook page hidden for 14 days, follow the other instructions to unpublish it.
You may also like: How many Facebook pages can you have – A detailed guide
4. What to do if you don’t want to delete Facebook page permanently
If you are not sure you want to do how to delete your Facebook page, you have a few alternatives. You can either get your page merged or unpublished it with another one. The first method lets you get rid of the old Facebook page but transfer its likes to the new one. Besides, the second method is great for those who may want to use their Facebook page later but want it out of the public eye for now.
4.1 Method 1: Merge the Facebook pages
With the first method, Facebook will ask you to enter your Facebook password before you merge them. And, you will have to choose the two pages you want to merge. There are the requirements your pages need to have for the merger to happen:
- You can only merge requested pages if you are an admin for both of them.
- The pages need to be on the same title or topic.
- The pages need to have similar names and represent the same thing.
- Your pages need to have the same physical location if it is applicable.
It is just like how to delete Facebook page, the way to merge the Facebook page is not as complicated as you think. Once you understand how to merge the Facebook pages, it is time to follow these steps to do it.
- Open your “Facebook app”.
- In the top right corner, click the “Hamburger menu”.
- Click Pages.
- A list of all your Facebook pages will be shown. Click on the page that you want to merge.
- Click “Settings”.
- Choose “General”.
- Click “Merge Pages”.
4.2 Method 2: Unpublish the Facebook pages
You may want to get your Facebook business page unpublished as it is an old Facebook page that needs to be updated, and it does not feel like your think or a new Facebook page that you have not finished working on and do not want to be visible to the public until everything’s set. The main reason may be that you are not sure you want to delete Facebook page permanently. Here is how to unpublish your Facebook page.
- Go to Facebook. In the News Feed, click “Pages” in the left menu.
- Select the page you want to unpublish and choose “Page Settings”.
- Navigate to “General” and click to show the page on “Page Visibility”.
- Select “Page unpublished”.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Facebook will ask why you want to unpublish your page, so give your reason.
- Click “Next” and “Unpublish”.
This article has provided you with an amount of information and guidance on how to delete Facebook page permanently. Hopefully, all Facebook users can do it easily, and note that you can only delete Facebook page permanently if you are its admin. If you are the owner of the Facebook page but cannot access the Facebook account you used to create it, contact Facebook’s customer support. Mid-Man is willing to give you more detailed instructions, please feel free to contact us when you need any further help.