When spending a little time on social media platforms, you will surely want to take a break to spend time in real life and reduce anxiety. That’s why you are finding ways to delete Instagram accounts.
Besides deleting Instagram accounts, you can choose to deactivate them. And we are going to teach you how to do both ways and provide tips.
Now, let’s dive into the article and see what we’ve got for you!
Buy Instagram Accounts Safe And Fast | Real, Verified Accounts
Deactivating vs deleting an Instagram account
Before deactivating or deleting the Instagram account, you need to know exactly where you are getting into.
You should only deactivate your accounts for temporary purposes. Deactivating means you will temporarily hide your account’s data, including your profiles, photos, likes, followers, and comments temporarily.
And this information only resurfaces when you log in to Instagram to start using it again.
In contrast, delete means that all your account’s data will be disappeared forever. And you can’t undo this action. Also, your username will never be used again by either you or anybody else.
But first I want to ask do you really want to delete your Instagram account. Because you can earn a little bit of money from it instead of deleting it. There are people who are looking for Instagram accounts for sale, you can sell them through Mid Man, simple, convenient, and fast. If you still want to delete your account, let’s get started.
You may also like: Top Instagram accounts – A comprehensive summary in 2022
How to save Instagram account data
As we’ve said, permanently deleting your Instagram account means all data will be gone for good. Therefore, you should save your account data by following these steps:
- First, access your Instagram app and locate your profile using the icon on the screen’s low-right corner.
- Then, in the top-right corner, go to the hamburger icon’s menu options and choose Settings.
- Choose Security and then Download Data choice.
- Write your email address and choose Request Download
Finally, after 48 hours, you will receive a file from Instagram including all data from your profile, such as comments, photos, and other information.
If you wish to see this file in the future, please protect it, such as making a copy or encrypting; otherwise, you will never see this information again, regardless of how hard you try.
How to delete your Instagram accounts
From Instagram app
With this option, firstly, access to your Instagram app
- Then, tap on your picture in the lower-right corner of the screen to go to your account profile.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top-right corner to choose the Settings option.
- Locate to the Help option
- Choose Help Center to open the browser window for further instructions on how to delete Instagram accounts.
- You will choose the option Managing Your Account and then Delete Your Account.
- You will be directed to a page on which you will choose: How do I delete my Instagram account?. If not, choose the above option for temporarily disabling your account, which we will discuss below.
- Now, read the conditions and choose to Delete Your Account. This means you will delete your Instagram account permanently; however, you have 30 days to reactivate it if you change your mind.
- Choose the reasons why you want to delete an Instagram account
- Write your password and then choose Permanently delete my account
- Tap Ok when a confirm window prompts into your screen. After 30 days, your account will be deleted permanently.
From a computer
First, you will access https://help.instagram.com from your web browser
- Choose the option Managing Your Account on the left
- Then select Delete Your Account
- Choose the option How do I delete my Instagram account?
- Go through the conditions and then select Delete Your Account.
- Choose why you want to delete your account and then enter your password.
- Click Permanently delete my account and click Ok to confirm your choice.
From a mobile browser
First, go to this link to access the Delete Your Account page using your mobile browser, Safari, and Chrome. You should do it now if you haven’t logged in to your account. (https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/)
- Log in to the Instagram account.
- Then, select why you want to delete your accounts
- Next, please enter your password and tap into the Permanently delete my account.
- And done, you have already deleted your account and its data. Now, it will take 30 days to delete your account officially.
You may also like: Ways on creating and managing multiple Instagram accounts
How to deactivate your Instagram accounts
Deleting your accounts may seem too dramatic; therefore, you can temporarily disable them. If you want to come back, log back in. Here are the steps for you:
1. Go to the Instagram website in your (mobile) browser. You can use your app, but it will eventually lead to the web browser; it is the quickest way.
2. Log in to your account (if you haven’t done that)
3. Go to your profile by clicking the icon on the screen’s top-right corner.
4. Select Edit Profile
5. Please choose the option Temporarily disable my account blue text
6. Select the reasons why you deactivate your account from the drop-down list. Enter your password and click Temporarily Disable Account. You’re done!
FAQs about how to delete Instagram accounts
How long does it take for Instagram to delete my account?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, Instagram will delete your account after 30 days from the day of your request.
In the meanwhile, your account will be invisible, and no one can see it. If you re-decide, make sure to log back into your account within those 30 days.
Some of you may wonder how long it takes for Instagram to delete inactive or spam accounts; however, the answer is relatively subtle.
Instagram will surely delete these accounts through their system check; we don’t know when, how often, and the conditions for this to happen. Therefore, ensure to use your account usually and do not spam.
Can I delete an account that I am not able to log in?
The answer is no. You need to log in to the account before deleting it. If you forgot your old account’s password, you need to recover it first.
Click on the Forgotten your password option on the login page and enter your email address and phone number to get a login link.
If you forgot every information, choose the Need more help option to follow further instructions.
Can I delete other accounts?
Sadly, you can’t. The Instagram policy emphasizes that only the owners can delete their accounts following the instructions. If you want to delete it, you need to have the login information.
Have you been satisfied with this given information? We hope that the answer is yes. With this article, you will surely know how to delete Instagram accounts and other tips.
Sadly, we’ve come to the end of the article. Thank you for staying with us till the end of it. Goodbye and see you in our following one.